Sunday, May 20, 2007

Prelude to Parting (Post #1)

Hello everyone, and welcome do my Blog!
I will be using this web site as my Online Journal to keep everyone up to speed.

At the end of each Post I will have a prayer list and hopefully a special bible verse and/or quote. Please look over them and support me with your prayers. I'm gonna need every one.

Prayer Requests:
  • Yellow Fever Shot (I'm taking a medication that dulls my immune system. The medication may render my shots ineffective or even cause me to contract yellow fever from them.)
  • Focus as I prepare to leave (Also: to know everything I will be teaching backwards and forwards)

Verse/Quote:

Matthew 28: 16-20

Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

A Prayer of Saint Patrick

"Christ protect me today from burning, from wounding, from drowning, from poisoning that I may have an abundance of reward in you!

Christ be with me,

Christ above me

Christ below me

Christ before me

Christ behind me

Christ to my right

Christ to my left

Christ when I sit down

Christ when I lay down

Christ when I get up

Christ in the quiet

Christ in the danger.

Christ in the eyes of every man who sees me. Christ in the ears of every man who hears me. And Christ in the mouth of every man who speaks of me.

Christ be with me... Amen!"

I've made this prayer part of my life because it's all about Christ and all things being done through him, and for him.

God bless you All

love -Travis-

No comments: